We want you to have the best experience imaginable when having us over to paint, that's why we stand behind our work. That's a guarantee on our level of customer service. If you find that any of our products or craftsmanship fails over time we offer limited and extended warranties described below.
Limited 1-Year, Extended 3-Year and Extended 9-Year Warranty
Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 12 months, 3 years or 9 years from the date of completion of the work described in your contract, Color Theory, LLC will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship. Duration of warranty is contingent upon purchase of selected extended warranties. By default all work completed by Color Theory is under limited one year warranty. For pricing on extended warranties consult with a Color Theory representative.
For warranty service call Color Theory at 812-668-2113.
FOR THESE WARRANTIES TO BE VALID, YOU MUST:
- Pay the full contract price.
- Retain an electronic or printed copy of the original contract.
- Retain a copy of evidence of payment in full.
- Pay for all materials and sundries used to perform the repairs.
- Make the property accessible to Color Theory personnel.
BOTH LIMITED AND EXTENDED WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER:
- Any work where Color Theory did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Any work which was not performed by Color Theory.
- Varnished surfaces.
- The cost of paint required to perform the repairs.
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Exact paint matches as environmental conditions will effect the color and finish of all coatings over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by Color Theory or the customer. For such instances contact the manufacturer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
- Peeling, blistering, cracking or chipping where they are caused by:
- Mill-glazing from smooth cedar.
- Ordinary wear and tear.
- Abnormal use or misuse
- Peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by the Contractor.
- Structural defects.
- Settling or movement.
- Moisture content of the substrate.
- Abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
- Damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of Color Theory.
Repairs under these warranties will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described by the standards set forth by the PDCA.
These limited warranties are the only certified warranties made by Color Theory and are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. These warranties cover only services provided by Color Theory to the homeowner, contractor or purchaser named on the contract. Color Theory will not be liable for incidental or consequential damages or damages in excess of the original contract price. This warranty may not be changed or extended for any reason unless done so in writing in a document authored and authorized by all parties of the referred contract.
These warranties gives you specific legal rights. All contracted labor and warranty labor is performed by the standards set forth by the PDCA.
For warranty service, you should contact Color Theory to schedule an inspection of your property.